Located in Bosham, only 10 mins from Chichester railway station
01243 575760 email@example.com
1992 Alfa Romeo 75 2.0 Twin Spark L.E.
A lovely example of the now sought after 75 LE in original unmolested condition with just 2 owners from new, the last since 1996. Originally used by a company director she racked up her first 48k miles during the first few years of her life, before the second and final owner purchased her as a treat for himself and used her rather more gently over the next 21 years, with just 53k miles being added during his ownership. She was repainted in around 2005/06 to resolve the usual 'Alfa pink' and lacquer peel issues common to this era of Alfa. She comes complete with the original leather book pack containing all the relevant books and the original service book stamped up to 48k. Accomanying this is an A4 history file with all the invoices from new to 48k, along with letters between the original owner and Alfa Romeo relating to a warranty issue and extended warranty. Also in the file is an original sales brochure for the 75 L.E. in mint condition, the last few MOT's along with the current one valid until 6th August 2019. The second owner's son-in-law was a garage owner and all subsesequent service work was carried out by him. Sadly, as the owner paid cash for the parts and the labour was done for free no further invoices for the car were provided, however, the cars overall condition speaks volumes about the way she was looked after. We were lucky enough to be offered this car in late 2017. Incredibly, having been garaged all her life the underside has never been rusty or welded and is still in the original factory finish, never having been undersealed. Having been unused by her now nearly 80 year old owner for a few years we carried out the following work to thoroughly recommission her for the road.
1. Cut out localised rust in N/S rear wheel arch, cut sections from wheel arch repair panel as required and weld in place.
2. Prepare, prime & paint arch in colour. Refit wheel arch cover.
3. Cavity wax repaired wheel arch and all cavities, chassis rails etc using Dinitrol ML & 1000 cavity waxes.
4. New CSC staniless steel rear & middle exhaust sections & new O.E. front down pipe.
5. Complete prop overhaul with 3x new donuts, centre bearing and centre mount.
6. New rear engine mounting bush.
7. New front gearbox mounts.
8. New handbrake cable.
9. 2x new lower ball joints.
10. New rear brake callipers, rear brake pads, braided brake hoses all around, a new brake master cylinder & new Tilton adjustable brake proportioning valve.
11. New clutch slave cylinder and braided clutch hose.
12. Brakes & clutch bled with fresh fluid throughout.
13. Major service including all spark plugs, new water pump, valve clearances, cam cover gasket, oil & filter, air filter, auxiliary drive belts, gearbox oil change etc.
14. New water pump.
15. Radiator and cylinder block flushed through and new anti-freeze added.
16. 5x wheels refurbished with correct two tone finish and new imitation split rim bolts.
17. 5x new Bridgestone 195/60/15 tyres.
18. 1x N.O.S. offside headlight.
This is just the major items. We have spent over £2600 in parts alone, with more than £4000 worth of labour being put into her. All this work is documented and written up in the history file. Consequently she must now be one of the nicest Twin Spark 75's left and certainly is the best 2.0 75 I have come across to drive, indeed it is very tempting to keep her myself! Sadly I cannot keep them all, so she now needs to find a new home. A great opportunity to get a sensibly priced classic, that is reliable and modern enough to use regularly and more than capable of swallowing a family and their luggage for those weekends away.
Viewings welcome, please call.