Located in Bosham, only 10 mins from Chichester railway station
01243 575760 email@example.com
1985 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 3.0
A superb GTV6 with just 56k miles recorded. Known & worked on by us since 2002 then purchased & restored by us in 2007/08 for a Singapore based UK businessman as a 50th birthday present to himself. Sadly she has only 100 or so miles covered since as his return to live in the UK has been continually postponed so very reluctantly after 8 years living in climate controlled storage and still no known date for his return she is being offered for sale. She made an excellent starting point as the body shell was in such good condition never having had or needed any welding to the sills, jacking points or floors that usually have succumbed to the ravages of rust on these cars. She is fitted with the desirable 3.0 engine & 2.0 75 T/S gearbox with LSD upgrades, the latter carried out by us in 2003 including a full strip down & rebuild having covered approximately 2k miles since. The final improvement to the driveline is the fitment of RS Racing rear suspension springs with height adjustable platforms, Koni Sport shock absorbers, reset front ride height & a 3.0 75 front anti-roll bar. All this work combines to make a superb 'drivers' GTV6. The work carried out during the 2007/08 rebuild is as follows:
1. Full strip down of body inluding front & rear screens, ligths, trim etc.
2. Replacement of inner wings, lower wing bottoms & welding up of the trim fixing holes for the side moulding as the owner preferred the clean look of the early GTV6.
3. Full respray in the original shade of AR530 Rosso
4. Full underbody anti corrosion protection using under body seal with added Waxoyl to prevent drying & cracking.
5. Cylinder heads removed, stripped & rebuilt with re-cut valve seats, new seals, gaskets etc.
6. New water pump fitted, recored radiator.
7. Air condtioning system rebuilt with new parts & upto date gas installed to make fully operational.
8. Compomotive 3 piece split rim alloy wheels.
9. Brakes overhauled with new rear callipers & braided brake hoses all round.
9. Detailing work to engine bay.
Having come to the difficult decision to sell his dream GTV6 earlier this year we were tasked with a very thorough recommissioning & detailing to make her ready to use following the years of storage. To this end there is an invoice for £6800 worth of work & parts completed during February & March this year to make sure she is ready to jump in & drive. This invoice is present & adds to the comprehensive history file present with the car dating back to 1992 which includes many invoices, old MOT's etc. The work included the following:
1. Replacement of clutch slave & master cylinders & clutch hose.
2. New cam belt fitted.
3. Full engine service & all fluids replaced.
4. Further detailing work to engine bay including new sticker set.
5. Both O/S & N/S lower ball joints replaced.
6. Both front wheel bearings replaced.
7. New N/S rear brake calliper.
8. New CSC centre section of exhaust.
Currently MOT'd until August, she will however be supplied with 12 months MOT & a fresh set of tyres at the point of sale.
All she needs now is a new owner to benefit from what to all intents & purposes is a freshly restored car with zero miles, all completed at someone else's expense waiting to be driven!
Viewing welcome, please call.