Located in Bosham, only 10 mins from Chichester railway station
01243 575760 firstname.lastname@example.org
1984 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 3.0
A lovely example of the GTV6 which over the last 3 years has had in excess of £30,000 lavished upon her by a fastidious owner who, unusually for a classic of this type ran her as his daily driver covering nearly 20,000 miles during his three year ownership. However, due to his growing sons complaining about the space in the rear he is reluctantly moving her on to pastures new. I purchased the car in August 2012 from an established Alfa specialist who owned the car personally with the aim of completing his rolling restoration and finding her a new home, she was already fitted with 3.0 litre engine at this point. I sold the car to her current owner in September 2012, carrying out a pre-agreed list of works to prepare her for use which included the following:
1. Strip down exterior of car, remove front & rear screens.
2. Attend to rust as required, cutting out & making up new sections then welding in place as needed.
3. Full re-spray in the original colour scheme of red over grey.
4. Detail work to engine bay.
5. Suspension bushes as required.
6. Major engine service.
7. 12 months MOT test.
Once she was ready in early 2013 the owner then had the car collected on a transporter and delivered to his home in Northern Ireland. Unfortunately after only a couple of thousand miles use the engine failed, necessitating a full rebuild. This the was carried out in a no expense spared fashion, involving the following works:
1. Alfa SZ spec higher compression pistons & liners.
2. C&B fast road cams.
3. New cam followers, valves & valve guides.
4. Polished crank journals & new main & big end bearings.
5. New CSC tubular manifolds.
She then returned to daily use duties. At her next MOT some rust was discovered in the underside. This owner was having none of that! He commissioned his local Italian car specialist and had the underside stripped, any welding required completed and then the whole underside re-sealed and the cavities wax injected. This lot was topped up again in 2015. Also in 2015 she benefitted from the following:
1. Brand new 3.0 clutch unit.
2. New rear brake callipers, discs & pads.
3. Rebuilt gearbox (the old 'box was removed, sent to us at AJM to carry out the rebuild and then shipped back to Ireland to be fitted). Since then just 300 miles have been covered.
Due to her daily use and the mileage covered in the current ownership there are a few inevitable minor cosmetic issues around the car in the form of some minor localised surface rust spots & some touched in stone chips that were caught early. However, overall she presents very well and is ready for immediate use or we can carry out the remedial work prior to delivery at additional cost.
Please call to arrange a viewing.