Located in Bosham, only 10 mins from Chichester railway station
01243 575760 email@example.com
1982 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 3.0
A superb and very high specification GTV6 originally restored by us between 2004 and 2007 to our 'AJM Fast Road' spec. I aquired GJK 794X after she had spent around 10 years sat in the corner of an Alfa specialist garage where she had lain since the original 2.5 engine had failed. A client who at the time owned a 3.0 75 spied her in my workshop and asked if she was available to take on as his new project. We began by stripping down the body to a rolling shell. The shell was found to be in very sound condition, while rusty around the edges and inner wings many of the usual GTV rot spots were in remarkably rust free and original condition including the jacking points and floor pans, spare wheel well and bulkhead. During this rebuild the following work was carried out:
1. Any areas of rust were cut out, new repair sections either purchased where available or fabricated and butt welded into place as required.
2. Engine bay stripped of all anciliary components.
3. Following the metal work the whole car was prepared and primed in 2k primer.
4. Complete respray in the original AR530 shade of red.
5. A 3.0 75 with 90k miles and full history donor car provided its engine & gearbox.
6. The cylinder heads were stripped off, disassembled and rebuilt with new valve guides, seals head gaskets and race C&B cams. The bottom end was assessed (this was recorded as rebuilt and with just 60k covered since) and pronounced in excellent order. A new water pump, cam belt and full service were carried out along with replacement of all hoses and full detailing of the engine and surrounding components while they were out of the car. A set of CSC tubular manifolds, straight through centre section and Ansa tail pipe were fitted to release that wonderful Alfa V6 sound!
7. The gearbox was stripped, checked and cleaned. It was then rebuilt with new inner & outer synchromesh rings and oil seals. The casing was painted in aluminuim effect paint to protect it from the elements.
8. All suspension components were removed, shot blasted & powder coated or replated as required. This was then reassembled with all new bushes, ball joints and wheel bearings. This was complemented by an RS Racing handling kit.
9. While the suspension parts were removed from the body the entire underside was cleaned, any loose areas of the original sealer stripped and surface corrosion treated. The whole underside was then treated with a wax based sealer.
10. All cavities, sills, inner arches etc treated with Dinitrol cavity wax.
11. All hydraulic hoses, cylinders etc were replaced with new.
12. Brembo 4 piston callipers with 305mm front discs and new OE spec rear brake callipers and discs were fitted along with braided stainless steel hoses.
13. A set of Compomotive CX split rim wheels were sourced, stripped and rebuilt.
14. A Series 3 GTV6 dash, wiring loom and Recaro interior were fitted, the wiring loom being stripped, repaired as required and re-taped to factory appearances.
15. A new headlining was custom made and fitted.
Following the completion of all this work an extensive 8 page feature was carried out on the car in Practical Performance Car magazine, a copy of which is included in the history file. Following 6 months and around 2k miles the owner decided to move onto a new project and sold the car. The new owner commissioned us to carry out further works including fitting Air Conditioning, power steering and re-trimming the interior in full black leather. Over the next 5 years the new owner barely used her, the car forming part of a small private collection and covering just 500 or so miles. In 2012 she returned to us for recommissioning. A full service was carried out including cam belt among assorted other works. Shortly after returning her to the owner he decided to sell and tasked me with the job of finding her a new home in mid 2013. I then sold her to an existing client who decided to upgrade his GTV6 to a better specified car. He commissioned the following work prior to taking delivery in late 2013:
1. Fit milder fast road spec C&B camshafts.
2. Remove the RS Racing rear shock absorbers and fit the softer Koni sport items.
3. Remove the power steering and return her to an original reconditioned manual steering rack.
Following this work he enjoyed the car for the next 3 years and around 6k miles before I was tasked with finding her a new home again in the winter of 2015/16. The current owner races a 105 series Alfa in the HSCC and wanted to drive to the race meetings in the GTV6, which he has enjoyed very much over the past 16 or so months. However, due to a serious health problem he has regrettfully had to put her up for sale again to focus on his his slow recovery. She has just had a major service, cam belt and MOT. 4 new Bridgestone RE002 tyres were fitted last year and have covered around 2000 miles since.
She comes with a comprehensive history file of invoices & old MOT's from 2004 to date making for quite impressive reading. She also comes complete with her original book pack with owners manual, dealer guide and the service stamp book with a number of stamps from early in her life.
With prices of 80's era classics ever rising and the increasing rarity of these cars coming to market this represents a rare oportunity to acquire a very highly specified GTV6 that has been gone right through and is fully sorted with none of the usual foibles of these cars.
Viewing welcome, please call.