Located in Bosham, only 10 mins from Chichester railway station
01243 575760 firstname.lastname@example.org
1985 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 2.5
This is a very rare opportunity! It's not often that a GTV6 comes to market just after a complete restoration has been carried out. This beautiful example was sold to her last owner by AJM in 2007 to replace his 75 LE as his daily driver. We carried out a repaint and major service and off she went, providing loyal service for him for the next 7 years, until his local mechanic had retired and a minor problem sidelined her, whereupon she remained in his garage for the next 3 years.
In early 2017 the owner, by now aged 78, contacted me and asked me to arrange to have her collected and commissioned a complete restoration so he could use her as a cherished weekend car for shows etc. We stripped her down and found she was overall still in very good order, with the crucial inner wing areas that we had replaced in 2007 still in perfect condition. This time he wanted a more detailed rebuild so the following was carried out:
1. Removal of all exterior trim, sunroof, glass etc.
2. Remove engine and all ancillary components from engine bay.
3. Cut out any rust found, fabricate or purchase the appropriate repair sections and weld in place.
4. Carry out a full respray in the original 2-tone colour scheme.
5. All plastic trim, bumpers etc was prepared, primed in the correct plastic primer then repainted in the correct Alfa code paint finish to bring back its original lustre, something that lets so many otherwise nice looking GTV's down.
6. Remove cylinder heads from engine, recondition heads with new valve guides and seals and skim.
7. Reassemble engine with new head gaskets, water pump, cam belt, spark plugs etc using new or replated nuts, bolts & brackets as required.
8. Strip complete suspension from car both front & rear.
9. Scrape any loose sealer, remove surface corrosion & treat with Bonda Anti-Rust Primer before spraying the entire underside in Dinitrol 4941/CAR underbody wax.
10. Wax inject all internal sections using Dinitrol ML & 1000 cavity waxes.
11. Shot blasting & powder coating or electroplating of all suspension componets as required.
12. Reassebly of suspension using all new bushes, ball joints, shock abosorbers, brake hoses etc.
13. Recondition all engine bay ancillaries prior to refitting.
14. Rebuild prop shaft, repainting it in the orignal satin black finish and replacing all donuts and centre bearing and bearing mount.
15. Replace all hydraulic cyldiners with new.
16. New headlining made & fitted in the original material.
17. 5x reconditioned wheels with Pirelli tyres.
This list is far from exhaustive, covering just the major items. The total cost of this restoration was just under £42,000 and is fully documented in the comprehensive 2 inch thick ring bound history file that accompanies the car dating back to 1986.
Since completion of this work she has covered only around 1000 miles, so is basically still in 'just restored' condition, therefore drives and presents accordingly.
Viewings are welcome, please call Alex on 01243 575760 to arrange.