Located in Bosham, only 10 mins from Chichester railway station
01243 575760 firstname.lastname@example.org
1984 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 3.0
A lovely example of a third series GTV6 that has been in the same father & son ownership since the late 90's. I acquired the car early last summer as the son had decided to try something else and bought a TVR (I'm sure he'll be back to an Alfa before long!). He sounded so genuine and answered all my questions in such a detailed way while walking around the car over the phone that I took the chance and bought a one way ticket to Edinburgh. I was not disappointed and had a superb summers drive with the roof open all the way home on some deserted Scottish roads, the car never missing a beat.
She comes with a comprehensive history file dating back 21 years to 1997 with all the old MOT's and invoices present detailing much expenditure as and when needed, including the fitting of a 3.0 75 engine and 2.0 75 Twin Spark gearbox with factory fit LSD in 2006, pretty much the favourite upgrades on these cars.
Upon returning home I embarked on a programme of works to bring her up to the standard I like and prepare her for a new chapter in her life. This work included the following:
1. Strip off all exterior trim, bumpers, lights, sunroof and removal of front & rear screens.
2. Cut out inner wings and weld new repair sections in place.
3. Attend to localised rust spots around the car, cutting out any affected areas, making up repair sections and butt welding them in place.
4. Preparation, priming and repainting of the exterior, front and sides of the engine bay of the car in the original colour scheme.
5. Full photographic record supplied of all work undertaken.
6. Removal of all shock absorbers, rear springs, Watts linkage & exhaust allowing better access to the underside.
7. Complete Dinitrol anti rust protection to underside using 4941/CAR underbody wax.
8. Dinitrol cavity wax applied to all internal chassis rails, box sections, inner wheel arches etc using Dinitrol ML & 1000 cavity waxes.
9. Wrap around aluminium wheel arch liners fitted to front arches.
10. 5x reconditioned original Ronal A1 wheels fitted with 5x new Contintal Conti Sport 2 205/50/15 tyres fitted.
11. Ansa sports exhaust fitted (Coupled to the exisiting CSC tubular exhaust manifolds and straight through centre section she sounds superb!).
12. Full service including new cam belt, mechanical tensioner, water pump, spark plugs, filters & fluids.
13. Detaling work to engine bay components including the replacement of numerous parts in replated or powder coated finishes.
14. AJM cooling fan kit.
15. AJM handling kit comprising of front anti-roll bar, rear springs and caster arm ball joints with conversion kit (Coupled to the near new Spax adjustable shock absorbers already fitted).
16. Front suspension stripped to match ride height to AJM rear springs, rebuilt with new bottom ball joints and camber shims.
17. She has just sailed through her MOT, so at the point of writing has a full 12 Months.
All in an exellent highly useable example, this GTV6 is waiting for a new owner to take her on a fresh set of adventures in her newly invigorated state.
Viewings are welcome, please contact Alex.