Having realised she was a good base car around £10k was invested over a 12 month period on the following:
1. Major engine service, all new fluids, filters etc.
2. New braided stainless steel brake hoses and brake master cylinder.
3. Both rear brake callipers replaced.
4. New clutch hose, slave cyldiner and master cylinder.
5. All ignition system components replaced with new.
6. Wheel refurbishment with 5x new Pirelli tyres.
7. Complete new stainless steel CSC exhaust system.
8. Removal of side skirts, front bumper, grille etc and bare metalling of front wings, upper front panel and bonnet recess.
9. Cut out rusty lower front wing bottoms and replace with new.
10. Prime and repaint all repaired areas.
11. Clean up light surface rust on inner sills and other localised areas and treat with rust killer and Bonda Anti-rust Primer.
12. Carry out complete Dinitrol under body wax protection.
13. Fit wrap around aluminium wheel arch liners.
14. New seat belts.
As can be seen Mr. Miller was not shy of making sure she was well cared for and subsequently used her on a very regular basis, commuting around London and also to Amsterdam, the car never missing a beat. However, his heart was set on a GTV6 and having decided not to take her to the next level he sold her on in early 2019. As seems to often happen with GTV’s she eventually made her way back to AJM having done a lot of sitting around.
To prepare her for sale I have just carried out the following works:
1. Strip the sides and front of the engine bay.
2. Cut out the patch repaired inner wings and weld in place new.
3. Prepare and repaint the front & sides of the engine bay.
4. Change engine oil, air & oil filters, new spark plugs, new expansion tank cap, new radiator hoses.
5. Replace both front gearbox mounts.
6. Clean & Dinitrol front wheel arches following repair work to inner wings.
7. New Bosch battery.
She is now ready to go and on the button and is a lovely driving example. However, please don’t expect a show car with this one. She is very tidy and as mentioned still has never needed welding to most of the usual GTV rust areas, however the paintwork has a few marks and chips, most of which I have touched up. In addition there are a few localised patches of surface rust, the worst of which are showing under the tailgate window. I have showed these in the photos. I have lifted the glass seal on the inside of the boot and there is no sign of corrosion there, so if caught soon will be a simple repair with the screen out.
However, the interior is superb, indeed one of the best early interiors I have seen (these did not wear as well as the later Recaro seats) with little fade and even the tan carpets in excellent condition. She comes complete with the original tool kit and even the ultra rare Alfa light bulb and fuse pack!
I have priced this car accordingly given the cosmetic points mentioned on the body, which I am happy to attend to at additional cost should the new owner wish.
She will be supplied with 12 Months MOT test.
Please call Alex for further information.