I sold her to the last owner in January 2009. He used her sparingly over the years of his ownership covering around 4k miles, with a no expense spared attitude to her ongoing maintenance, upto 2014 at which point due to other commitments she remained in storage until he offered me the car back late in 2016. Knowing what an excellent car she was overall I took her on, since when I have been right through the car to recommission her and bring her up to the excellent standard in which she presents today. To that end the following works were carried out:
1. Strip down of inner wings, cut out rust and weld in repair panels. Prepare, prime and paint to original appearance.
2. Wire brush loose dirt etc from underside. Treat the underside with Dinitrol 4941 underbody wax and all cavities with Dinitrol Ml and 1000 cavity waxes.
3. Carry out a major service, changing engine oil & filter, water pump, braided cooling system hoses, coolant, header tank cap, brake fluid, fuel filter, fuel hoses, all hose clips with stainless steel bevel edged items, spark plugs & HT leads.
4. Engine bay detailing including internal and external cleaning of washer bottle, new sticker set, re-plating of numerous parts.
5. Propshaft removed and all donuts replaced.
6. Both front gearbox mounts replaced.
7. Removal of tyres and professional refurbishment of all 5 wheels, refit & balance of tyres.
In 2011 the owner asked me to prepare the car for his long held dream trip to LeMans for the 24 hour race, which she completed without fault. To which end a total of £3k was spent on an engine service along with the following:
1. 4x new Koni Sport adjustable shock absorbers.
2. Polyurethane Watts linkage bush kit fitted.
3. Strip down of all steering & front suspension components, lubriaction and reassemble so all adjusters work.
4. Polyurthane caster bushes fitted.
5. Upgrade to GTV6 vented front discs and Brembo callipers (redrilled to fit the 4 stud hubs).
6. New rear brake callipers.
7. New brake master cylinder and braided stainless steel brake hoses fitted.
8. Wheel laser geometry set up.
9. Wrap around aluminium wheel arch liners fitted.
10. 2x new Firestone tyres.
Since the above work was completed less than 2.5k miles have been covered, so she really does drive superbly with beautifully taught & composed handling. In addition she has an excellent gear linkage with none of the usual play and even functioning synchromesh. The wonderful Alfa twin cam breathes a little more freely through a set of K&N air filters, though this can be returned to the original set up should the new owner prefer.
She comes complete with a wonderful history file, with the original service booklet stamped up from 1984 to 1986, then every invoice for parts and work carried out from 1988 to the present day including the work just carried out at by me. Accompanying this are 14 old MOT’s which combined with the service invoices confirm the milage and periods of she was laid up.
She will be supplied with a full 12 months MOT from sale.
Viewing welcome, please call.