Back in Ireland she was happily carrying out commuting duties until in 2014 at 126k miles she developed a engine issue. This led to the following work being carried out:
1. Engine removal and complete strip down, discovering damage to bearings and crankshaft.
2. AJM supplied a replacement crank and bearings to match.
3. New SZ spec pistons, liners, new oil pump and full gasket and oil seal set.
4. Colombo & Barriani fast road cams fitted along with new cam followers.
5. Complete rebuild of engine using the above parts.
6. Much suspension work was carried out including new shocks, many new bushes and lifting the front ride height along with new rear springs which better suited the use the car was having.
7. New propshaft donuts fitted.
8. All wheel bearings replaced.
9. Gearbox removed, sent to AJM for rebuilding, we then sent it back to Ireland where it was refitted.
At the same time as the engine rebuild the complete interior was removed to address some rust found under the car. New panels were fabricated and seam welded in place before finishing underneath with Dynax and inside with Hydrate 80. A replacement interior was then fitted from a low mileage GTV6 that had been kept out of the sun and consequently is in superb condition with perfect door cards with no speaker holes cut into them. A new column stalk set was also fitted at this time.
The GTV6 then carried on providing daily transport until the owners by now teenage sons found the rear too uncomfortable to ride in for long trips in late 2016. At this point she had covered a further 9k miles, taking the total up to 135k miles. I was then asked find a new home for her and she came back to me from Ireland where I very quickly found her a new home.
In her current ownership she has covered just 3k miles and, having recently retired, the owner has decided it’s time to move her on. During his short ownership we have fitted our AJM handling kit and set the geometry, so she now handles as well as she goes. In preparation for sale we have just carried out the following work:
1. Major service including spark plugs, air filter, cambelt, new mechanical cambelt tensioner.
2. Drained cooling system and filled with fresh 50/50 anti-freeze mix.
3. Detailing paint work.
She comes with a comprehensive 2 inch thick history file documenting over £36,000 spent during the course of the last 20 odd thousand miles since 2009, most of that in the last 6 years.
The current MOT runs out in January, so she will be supplied with a full 12 months MOT.
She is structurally and mechanically in superb order with no work needed and drives superbly. However, due to 20k miles of daily use and subsequently being housed in a Carcoon outdoor tent, rather than a garage she would benefit from some cosmetic improvements which the new owner could carry out at their lesiure, the work required not being of a serious nature requiring immediate attention. Please see the attached photos highlighting these areas. Bearing in mind this work and the owners wish for her to sell, I feel she is attractively priced at £14995 and won’t be hanging around for long.
Please call Alex to arrange a viewing.